NORTHWEST CATHOLIC CONFERENCE
5TH GRADE BASKETBALL LEAGUE RULES
Current IESA/ IHSA rules apply, except as noted BELOW.
1) (4) 6 minute quarters.
2) (4) timeouts per game. NO TIMOUTS in over time(see below)
Overtime- (1) 2 minute ,Running clock, period will be played. The game will
end at the completion of the (2) minutes. The clock will not stop
unless it’s for an injury or referees decision.
3) (3) minute HALFTIME
Note: If both teams have cheerleaders there will be a (5) minute half
time period to allow time for both teams’ cheerleaders to perform
4) No (3) point field goals.
5) Free throws will be taken from the 15ft regulation line. Players may enter the
lane on a free throw once the ball is released by the shooter.
6) ALL TEAMS MUST play Man to Man Defense for the 1st (5) weeks of the season. Zone or Man to Man can be played starting the 6th weeks of the season.
7) Offensive players(with the ball) must be allowed to cross half court before teams can start playing defense.There shall be no double teaming the ball at the half court line. Players must have both feet in the front court before "D" can start.
8) No pressing until the last (2) minutes of the game; only the losing team allowed to press.
9) Bonus is shot on the 7th team foul. No super bonus
10) Every player dressed on the bench must play in a league games. If a team does not
play all their players, they risk forfeiting the game.
11) 28.5 size ball will be used.
With a 12+ point lead, the team with the lead must play defense within arc.
The penalty for not following the rules above(#6 and #7 in particular) are as follows: a warning from the referee; the second and every time thereafter the referee will stop the clock and award a team technical foul to the defensive team. The losing team will be awarded 2 points and the ball at half court.