NORTHWEST CATHOLIC CONFERENCE
BASKETBALL "AA'' LEAGUE RULES
Current IESA/ IHSA rules apply, except as noted BELOW
1) 8th grade -(4) 7 minute periods.
2) 6th and 7th grade - (4) 6 minute periods.
3) (4) timeouts per game. (1) timeout in over time "No carry over".
4) Overtime- (1) 2 minute ,Running clock, period will be played. The game will end at the completion of the (2) minutes even if its a tie. The clock will not stop unless it’s for an injury or referees decision.
5) (5) Minute HALFTIME
Note: If both teams have cheerleaders there will be a (7) minute half time period
(if needed) to allow time for both teams’ cheerleaders to perform.
6) No Pressing allowed in the first half.
7) No pressing in 2nd half with a 10+ point lead. The losing team is allowed to press.
8) 6th, 7th & 8th Grade - Bonus is shot on the seventh team foul in each half. (Super bonus on the 10th foul). No Super Bonus in 6th grade league.
9) Every player dressed on the bench must play in a league game. If a team does not play all their players, the team will forfeiting the game(playoff games included).
10) Regulation size ball will be used in Boys games. 28.5 size ball will be used in the Girls games.
11) Players may enter the lane on a free throw once the ball is released by the shooter.
12) REPORTING OF SCORES: Home team must report scores within 48hrs of the
games completion. Failure to report scores will result in a forfeit for the home team.
When a 6th grade team has a 16+ point lead or 7th and 8th grade team has a 21+ point lead, the team with the lead must play defense within the 19 foot arc.
The penalty for not following the rules above are as follows: a warning from the referee; the second and every time thereafter the referee will stop the clock and award a team technical foul to the defensive team. The losing team will be awarded 2 points and the ball at half court.